In the forums, I came across a leaked link to the new Adbrite Video Beta page. The system looks very impressive.
- An embedded player where Ads are shown in a text bar on the top, and float down in a pop up bubble that is 60 pixels high.
- The player has built in sharing capabilities similar to youtube, except when a video is shared the visitor is referred back to your site.
- Others can embed your video in their site, and the player will show your ads.
- You can provide a logo to be placed in the lower right corner of the video.
Depending upon the payout rate, this could be a great way to monetize a video site. I could see sites like break.com being all over this. It will be interesting to see if people rip videos down from youtube using a tool like keepvid and start niche video sites with Adbrite video ads.
This is a step in the right direction to monetizing video content, and I will be very interested to see how the service develops.
Hat tip to Jon from WickedFire for posting the link in the forum.
- AdBrite Review
- Banned from Adsense for Content – Adwords & Adsense Inconsistency
- Text Link Ads Review Revisited